Why have I decided to start a blog...??



I have always enjoyed writing stuff down. I always had a diary as a teenager and various penpals- usually ones who loved Duran Duran, like me! I wasn't particularly amazing at English at school (got a B in both Lang and Lit) but I have always had awesome handwriting!

Recording information is the best way to keep me organised. I have lists for all kinds of stuff; 'To Do' stuff at work, shopping lists, things I want to do in Dubai, my finances, holiday itineraries, ideas that I want to explore.... I also really like writing down how I feel- it helps me process stuff.... and I have found recently, that committing something to paper (or device) keeps me accountable in all sorts of ways; exercising, budgeting, counting calories and most recently, alcohol- free days! Technology is amazing- there's an app for flipping everything these days! I even track my "monthly" symptoms to see if there are patterns. Bit over the top, that one maybe, but helps keep me from thinking I have either cancer or dementia! 😁

Anyway, I have decided to create this blog as a kind of diary. I have recently decided to give up alcohol- sure this could sound quite a lame and insignificant thing to write a blog about but I am amazed at how many thousands of normal humans like me, around the world are doing the same or at least considering the same..... and for us it actually feels like a big deal.  I have discovered this through the various social media groups I have joined and the books I have read. Giving up alcohol at my age, living within this society is actually really, really, really hard..... well it has been for me, anyway.... and I am not even an alcoholic!

 I want to record my alcohol-free journey; observe and embrace the challenges that come with that; share some experiences, tips and thoughts; recommend some books, apps and podcasts and more than anything, support normal people (like me) to consider a life without alcohol and to realise that we really and truly do not need it. I guess you could say I am sharing my joy, keeping myself accountable and helping others to see that sober is definitely NOT boring!  I love to help others. That is definitely a core value :)

By the way, that picture of a Toyota at the top of this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have just written, but I took it the other day and really like it so didn't want it to go to waste! I will probably do that from time to time- post a photo that I took, just cos I like it! I love photography- been doing that as a hobby for a few years now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical mornings

A humbling but rewarding experience