Magical mornings

The morning is arguably my favourite time of the day. Only at the weekends though! I really struggle with the 5:50 am wake up calls during my working week and often feel shattered by the end of the working day. However, they are so much more manageable without the hangovers! Not that I would ever drink heavily the night before a work day but I have noticed in recent years, that if I have a heavy Saturday, it takes me until at least Tuesday to feel normal. Monday mornings were horrible.... I would still feel so tired, sluggish, demotivated, and actually slightly poisoned! At what point do 3-day hangovers catch up with us? Why was this not a thing when I was in my 20s? Why did no one WARN us of this?

 Anyway, back to my love of mornings...

I am fortunate enough to live in a country where the sun shines most days so at the weekend, I just love to rise early, drink freshly ground coffee from our machine and, get to the gym and contemplate the rest of the day. Life here means that the opportunities to do something that fits with your mood and taste at any given time is perfectly achievable; I love it!

I love the light in the mornings, the temperature in the mornings, the calm, quiet and stillness of the mornings and I love the sense of anticipation of what the day will bring.  During the winters, I will usually go out walking/jogging (mostly walking) either at the beach or around the area that I live. There's a magic about this part of the day which is utterly wasted on the drunk and hungover human being. Maybe it is because I am getting older and my own mortality is starting to niggle my mind a little but I just do not want to waste a single morning.... not one! Mornings are precious and with my own existence being a one in 4 trillion chance of ever being a thing, I think it would be rather rude of me to just waste that incredible time of day.

Here are some of my favourite pictures from a morning walk last weekend when I was on a staycation in another Emirate (Fujairah)

Toyota truck on the beach


The view from our holiday apartment



The surrounding area- mountains with an unusual layer of green. It rained hard for a good few days a couple of months ago and the mountains have stirred with life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why have I decided to start a blog...??

A humbling but rewarding experience